May 30, 2008

Aging in champ champ

champ champ came to this beautiful world in 1994. she's 14 yr old this year(equivalent to 98 yrs old le!). Dogs life expectancy is around 15 yrs. Time really flies... 14 yrs ago, she was innocently brought back by grandma from my distant aunt. I remembered that aunt lives in terrace house or something...She brought champx2 for her 2 children to play (technically, dogs are not children toys), but b’cos her maid had went back to her country, she gave it to grandma cos nobody take care of champ. That's how irresponsible to those who don’t know how to take care of dogs or even pet. They are not a toy to play with, but it’s like part of human-beings. Thanks to grandma for making the right choice. She actually made my life with more responsible & a great companion..esp. the lonely days..


I had a dog before champx2 for 10 yrs. Her name is Ah Girl, simple name by my grandpa i think... she passed away when i was 9 yrs old (exactly her 10 yrs lifespan). I witness her death. It's quite dramatic even how grandma handle her body. I rmb that nite grandma was @ work..I was alone @ home & saw her running weirdly to & fro. Then suddenly she spins in circle repeatedly for awhile, have a loud scream & collapse breathlessly. I was a small girl then, had a fright about the sudden death & cried the whole night looking at the cold furry body.

Grandma saw how upset I was, she kept asking me whether I want another dog cos’ Ah Girl also under her care for 10 years. We were not use to not having a pet running around in our house. That’s how amazing a pet is…esp. a dog that stays by your side for several years, like your own daughter. And the following year, naughty champ x2 came. She had brought so much fun & laughter to my family…even brightens the lonely days in my house. Dogs’ lovers sure know how sweet it is….


Till today, the active little thing shown effects of aging… =(

I saw on the internet & here are 3 of the symptoms champ champ had:

1. Loss of vision (cataracts
) - this is getting serious..she tends to bang onto something while she's walking... :( My groomer told grandma 2 yrs back that operation doesnt help also..cos she's old liao.. sigh

2. Decreased activity, more sleeping, and reduced energy (in part due to reduced lung
function)

3. Skin
changes (thickening or darkening of skin, dryness leading to reduced elasticity, loss or whitening of hair)

im so upset..See? the cataracts are so obvious that it whitens day by day. Like a full grown crystal ball in her eyes. this will cause her to go blind very soon..


Just now, i had a chat with another close aunt when the topic came about her 2 cats. One is 6 yrs & another is 14 yrs. She was worried that 1 day when she came back from work, the dearie cat body had turned cold in her sleep. That’s what happens to her neighbor's cat.. And she said if this happen to her, she will bury her & kept her ash at home to keep the cat company. She said some may also bring luck to the owner too. Really?

Upon hearing, I wonder if I should keep champ's ash at home too =(..OMG…I really cant imagine days w/o her after 10 over years..sob sob. Y god must create separation from the one u love????



Everyday the 1st thing to do before I step into my house, I would knock my own door to hear champ champ bells…if I've heard the sound of her bells, I would felt super relieves... im afraid 1 day she would leave me when im not by her side =(


That’s how fragile a relationship is..even with just an animal. It's MIRACLE…everything seems like humans. Vulnerable lives....

No comments: